The Haneda Festival is a lively festival held at Haneda Shrine in Ota City. Over 3,000 volunteers team up to carry portable Shinto shrines known as Mikoshi while more than 30,000 visitors join in to view and partake in the festivities.
Visitors can enjoy the festival by simply attending and watching, but if you join up with an experienced volunteer guide, you can capture the full experience. Be sure to try on one of the traditional festival costumes, take pictures with your favorite Mikoshi, and learn to how to pray at the shrine. See you there!
- Time: July, 30th (Sunday) 14:30–16:30
- Meeting point: Anamori Inari Shrine ‘Ota City Foreign-language Volunteer Guide Group’
(Ota City Tour Guide Group, Tokyo Free Guide Reception)
- Meeting time: 14:15–14:30
- Fee: Free
- Languages of the guides: English/Chinese
- Max. Participants: 30 people
- 5-2-7 Haneda, Ota
- July, 30th (Sunday) 14:30–16:30 (meet from 14:15)