Cherry Blossoms in Ota City
Between March and May each year is the season of Hanami, literally “flower viewing”. This is the tradition of visiting and admiring the beauty of seasonal flowers, namely cherry and plum blossoms. From casual picnics to fairly large parties, drinks and meals are enjoyed under the trees, as people flock to the cherry blossom hotspots to take advantage of the warmer weather that marks the coming of Spring. It is said that the Japanese have been enjoying hanami since the 9th century.
The cherry blossoms are expected to bloom around March 25th in Tokyo this year, which means the full bloom is expected to hit from April 1st to 9th, though it may vary depending on the weather.
The following locations are the cherry blossom hotspots in Ota City. Plan your perfect trip to these locations for a great spring experience in Japan!
Ikegami Honmonji and the surrounding parks
- Sakura trees: 400
- Address: 1 cho-me, Ikegami, Ota-ku, Tokyo
- Access: 15 min walk from Ikegami Station (Tokyu Ikegami Line)
Cherry blossom street in Magome
*The “Magome Bunshimura Sakura Festival” will be held on Sunday April 3rd, where you can enjoy some stalls and traditional and modern dance performances under the trees.
- Date: Sunday April 3rd 12:00–16:00（Rain or shine）
- Place: Sakura Namiki Park（4-11-12, Nishimagome, Ota-ku）
- Sakura trees: 90
- Address: From 4 cho-me to 6 cho-me in Nishimagome, Ota-ku, Tokyo
- Access: Take a Mori-02 bus from JR Omori Station West exit to Usuda-sakashita Station. 5 min walk from bus stop.
Heiwa no Mori Koen
- Sakura trees: 80
- Address: 2-1, Heiwa no Mori Koen, Ota-ku Tokyo
- Access: 13 min walk from Heiwajima Station (Keikyu Line)
Tamagawa Gas Bashi Ryokuchi Park
- Sakura trees: 120
- Address: 2 cho-me, Unoki, Ota-ku, Tokyo / 3/4 Cho-me Shimomaruko, Ota-ku, Tokyo
- Access: 10 min walk from Shimomaruko Station (Tokyu Tamagawa Line) / 15 min walk from Unoki Station or Numabe Station (Tokyu Tamagawa Line)
- Sakura trees: 300
- Address: 1-63-1 Denenchofu Ota-ku, Tokyo
- Access: 1 min walk from Tamagawa Station (Tokyu Tamagawa Line)
- Sakura trees: 250
- Address: 1-14-5 Minamisenzoku, Ota-ku, Tokyo
- Access: 2 min walk from Senzoku-ike Station (Tokyu Ikegami Line)
※ The platinum record, “Sakurazaka” by Fukuyama Masaharu is based on this location. Please enjoy the cherry blossoms quietly as this is a residential area.
- Sakura trees: 30
- Address: 18/19, Denenchofu, Ota-ku, Tokyo
- Access: 5 min walk from Numabe Station (Tokyu Tamagawa Line)
|Dates||15 Mar - 31 Mar 2021, 9:00 am - 10:00 pm|