What is Ota City certified private lodging?
What is Ota City certified private lodging "Ota District National Strategic Special Zone for Foreign Guest Boarding Facility Management Business"?
Ota City is a "Strategic Special Zone for Foreign Guest Boarding Facility Management Business" which provides a certified private lodging service for foreign guests to stay in suitable facilities within the National Strategic Special Zone under a lease agreement for a fixed period. Ota City makes use of the special provisions of the National Strategic Special Zone Act in respect of the Inns and Hotels Act to provide safe and hygienic accommodation. Private rooms which fulfill the requirements of the "Ota District National Strategic Special Zone Foreign Guest Boarding Facility Management Business Ordinance" are exempted from the provisions of the Inns and Hotels Act through accreditation by the ward mayor.
The principal requirements for accreditation are as follows:
- Stays must be on the basis of a lease agreement and associated contracts.
- Requirements for private rooms in the building:
- the floor area of each private room must be 25 square meters or greater.
- Entrances and windows must be able to be locked.
- Other than entrances and windows, the boundaries between a private room and other private rooms and corridors must be of walled construction.
- Appropriate ventilation, daylight, illumination, moisture proofing, drainage, heating and cooling facilities must be provided.
- Kitchen, bath, toilet and washing facilities must be provided.
- A bed, table, chairs, storage furniture, utensils or equipment for food preparation, and equipment for cleaning must be provided.
- Private rooms must be provided in a clean state when guests arrive.
- Foreign language instructions on the use of the facility, foreign language information for emergency situations, and other services necessary for foreign guests to stay must be provided.
- The length of stay must be 6 days / 7 nights or greater.
What is a National Strategic Special Zone?
A zone established by the government to strengthen the international competitiveness of industry and promote the formation of centers of international economic activity by intensively promoting economic and social structural transformation. The Tokyo region, the Kanagawa Prefecture region, Chiba City and Narita City have been designated as the Tokyo Zone.